WNSC Club Captains 2019 - 2020
From the left: Joe Wells, Joe Read & Ellie-Mei Shepperson
WNSC Swimming Club – Club Captain Roles
We encourage our Club Captains to bring their individual qualities and character to the role in a dedicated and professional manner. They are encouraged to act as a voice for all the swimmers in the Club and also to support the Coaching Team and Committtee in leading the other swimmers and assisting in their development.
- As the Club Captain, you are the representative for every single swimmer; be they junior or senior. You must treat everyone equally, and, if the situation requires, make fair decisions that can be understood and appreciated by all involved and others observing.
- As a representative for the club, you should be seen in the correct kit at all time i.e. a WNSC shirt when coaching, helping, competing and a club hat when competing. You should also encourage other swimmers to do the same.
- You must be accessible to everyone, so should attend regular training sessions and assist the coaching team on poolside either at training or junior league galas / mini meets.
- You will be required to give a short speech at Presentation evening. This should be a round up of the year to date, combined with some events to look forward to and words of encouragement.
- It is your duty to report any problems to the coaching staff if they arise. This may include misbehaviour in the changing rooms, suspected bullying or other discrimination. Swimmers are likely to come to you if they have a problem, so you must treat their information with confidentiality and respect, and pass on any concerns to the appropriate adults.
- Fundraising - you will be expected to attend any event raising money. You should promote the event positively and try to gain the support of as many swimmers as possible.
- When at a competition you should be at the forefront of supporting the team. This means you should be cheering on all other swimmers and encouraging others to do the same. You should also give support to younger swimmers at all times, especially when things don’t go so well!
- Social events - liaise with the Social & Fundraising Committee to help organise appropriate social events during the year.